Q. When and how do I find a job?

A. Available jobs are posted online the third week in August. You may go to Handshake and use the search engines to find on-campus jobs based on the type of employment you are eligible for. Once you find a job that interests you, you can apply for the position and upload any required documentation.

Q. I am an international student. What work opportunities are there for me?

A. Please read the International Student Frequently Asked Questions, which will answer all your questions about finding work at Connecticut College. Once you are here, you will have access to the International Students Campus Employment Handbook.

Q. What if I can't find a job?

A. Please keep looking. Positions decrease rapidly as the fall semester progresses but there are always available jobs. There is a difference between no available jobs and wanting the absolutely perfect job. If you have specific time demands (such as odd class hours or practice/games), you may need to look a bit harder and perhaps broaden your search to include positions that will accommodate these demands on your time. There are jobs on this campus such as Dining Services that are willing to accommodate your schedule. Dining Services is one of the highest paying and most flexible jobs on campus. 

Q. I have never worked on campus before. Do I need to do anything else?

A. You must also complete the following: (1) CT W4, Federal W4, I-9 forms; (2) Direct Deposit Form. These forms can be found in CamelWeb. You can drop off these forms following the schedule on CamelWeb; listed under the forms.

Q. Can I have more than one campus job?

A. Yes, provided your class schedule allows it.

Q. Are my earnings credited to my student account?

A. No. Your earnings are not credited to your tuition account. You will receive a paycheck that is issued on a bi-weekly basis for hours worked that you can use towards your personal expenses on campus. Direct Deposit is available on the Student Employment website and we strongly encourage you to apply.

Q. Where do I enter my hours?

A. You need to enter your hours via Self Service in CamelWeb. Handbooks are available on the Student Employment website in CamelWeb (login required).