- Majors and Minors
- Departments and Programs
- Degree Requirements
- Global Focus
- Certificate Programs
- Arts & Culture
- Honors/Independent Study
- Internships & Student Research
- Scholarships & Fellowships
- Law, Medicine, Business
- Honors & Distinctions
- Student Accessibility Services
- Graduate Study & Non-Traditional Programs
- Meet the Deans
- Academic Calendar
Meet the Deans
Students, and their parents and families, are not always certain what deans "do."
Connecticut College students are fulltime members of an intense residential academic community. The deans ensure that the experience of living in a residential academic community always retains an essential intellectual character, even when students are not learning formally in the classroom.
Dean of the Faculty
The Dean of the Faculty is the principal adviser to the president on academic affairs and leads the faculty in its deliberations on the educational policies of the College. His office promotes academic excellence in research, teaching and service. It also oversees all academic departments, centers and programs at the College; is responsible for appointment of academic department chairs and directors of interdisciplinary major programs as well as the appointment, promotion and tenure of individual faculty members; and is responsible for the academic quality of the curriculum.
Dean of the College
The Dean of the College and Senior Diversity Officer supports the College's mission as a residential, liberal arts college to prepare students for a lifetime of intellectual endeavor and civic engagement by fostering the integration of students' experiences inside and outside of the classroom. The following offices comprise the DOC division:
- The Office of the Dean of Studies includes the Dean of Studies, the Associate Dean of Studies/Dean of First-Year Students, the Associate Dean of Studies/Dean of Sophomores and International Student Adviser, and the Associate Dean of Studies for Juniors and Seniors and Transfers.
- The Dean of Academic Support directs the Academic Resource Center and oversees Student Accessibility Services, Career Enhancing Life Skills (CELS), and the Roth Writing Center.
- The Dean of Student Life office encompasses the offices of Residential Education & Living, Student Engagement and Leadership, the Honor Council, Student Health Services, Student Counseling Services, Student Wellness and Alcohol/Drug Education.
- The Dean of Religious and Spiritual Life gives this tradition a formal "home" in the life of the College. Students are encouraged to consider larger questions about their purpose and role in this world. As they examine their values and beliefs, they gain a greater appreciation for the values and beliefs of others.
- The Dean of Multicultural Affairs initiates and coordinates programs in support of a pluralistic student experience, promotes ongoing campus discourse about equity, and oversees or collaborates closely with the major offices and programs focused on diversity.