Honors & Distinctions
Since its founding a century ago, Connecticut College has received numerous honors for academic excellence.
- The Delta of Connecticut Chapter of The Phi Beta Kappa Society was installed at Connecticut College in 1935.
- Our students have challenged themselves to earn a place on our distinguished list of graduates who have won Fulbright, Luce, Goldwater and other notable fellowships and scholarships. Connecticut College is consistently recognized as a top producer of Fulbright scholars with 31 awarded in the past six years.
- Since 1989, 19 faculty members have been awarded Fulbright grants.
- Connecticut College has been cited as one of the nation's best colleges for fostering social responsibility and public service, according to The Princeton Review and Campus Compact, one of 81 institutions in 33 states that The Princeton Review commends and features in its book, "Colleges With a Conscience: 81 Great Schools with Outstanding Community Involvement."
- Connecticut College faculty have earned the distinction of "Professor of the Year" from the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education and the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- Connecticut College received the 2009 Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization from NAFSA: Association of International Educators, the world’s largest professional international education association, in recognition ot its outstanding and innovative efforts in campus internationalization.
- The annual Honors & Awards ceremony celebrates the academic accomplishments of many outstanding students in every discipline.