In the event of a major utility failure occurring during the regular working hours (8:30 a.m. through 5 p.m., Monday through Friday), immediately notify Physical Plant at extension 2253.
If there is potential danger to building occupants, or if the utility failure occurs after hours, weekends, or on holidays, notify Campus Safety at extension 111 or 2222. If an emergency exists, activate the building fire alarms.
- Gas Leak - IMMEDIATELY cease all operations, and evacuate the building! To prevent electrical arcing that could cause an explosion, DO NOT Switch on or off, any lights or electrical equipment. Call Campus Safety at extension 111 or 2222, from a phone outside of the gas leak area.
- Electrical/Light Failure - Emergency lighting systems should provide sufficient illumination to exit buildings in an orderly manner.
- Elevator Failure - If you are trapped in the elevator, use the emergency phone to directly notify Campus Safety. If the elevator does not have an emergency phone, turn on the emergency alarm to signal for help. Both are located on the elevator front panel.
- Water Leakage/Flooding - Cease using all electrical equipment. Notify Campus Safety. If necessary, vacate the area.
- Steam Line Rupture - Immediately evacuate the area and notify Campus Safety at extension 2222 or operations at extension 2253.
- Ventilation Problem - Notify Physical Plant at extension 2253. If smoke or odors come from the ventilation system, immediately activate the alarm system. Cease all operations and evacuate the building until the all clear is given.
- Telephone System Failure - Utilizing alternate means of reporting (cell phones, radios or in person), notify Campus Safety at (860) 439-2222.