Student Counseling Services will be closed for summer break beginning Friday, May 20th at 5:00 pm and will re-open on Monday, August 15th at 8:30 am.
Break and After-Hours Mental Health Care
- On-campus students experiencing an emergency should call Campus Safety at (860) 439-2222.
- Off-campus students experiencing an emergency should call their local emergency services at 911 or the appropriate emergency resource number for their location.
- You can reach the service by calling (860) 439-4587 and pressing option 2.
- This is a telephone-based mental health service that is available to all students in need of access to mental health support when Student Counseling Services is not open.
- This service provides students with access to an off-site counselor who will provide support at any time during the evening, weekend or break.
- Through the app, you can call or chat with a Student Support Counselor 24/7 in real-time or schedule a telephone or video session that fits your schedule. My SSP provides support in the event of a personal crisis and also connects students with providers, offering both short and long-term counseling.
- You can browse a digital library of helpful articles and videos.
- Or, you can call them directly at (866) 743-7732 (If calling from outside North America, dial 001-416-380-6578).
- The services offered through this app are paid for by Connecticut College.
Student Counseling Services Hours During the Academic Year
|Monday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Friday||8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.|
Students can schedule appointments by contacting the Student Counseling Services in person, by calling 860-439-4587 or by emailing SCS@conncoll.edu (Please note that this email address is intended only for appointment scheduling and should not be used to send personal mental health information). Students are assigned to a counselor for an initial evaluation. If ongoing counseling seems appropriate after the initial evaluation, the staff may recommend individual or group psychotherapy or both. Some students may be referred to the consulting psychiatrist for medication evaluation. In some cases, students may be referred to off-campus service providers for more intensive or specialized treatment. The staff will make every effort to see students with immediate needs promptly.
Because the demand for counseling appointments is considerable, a 24-hour notice is required to cancel an appointment. Students who do not keep a scheduled appointment or who cancel the appointment without appropriate notice will be charged a fee for missed appointments. To cancel an appointment, call 860-439-4587.
Students needing assistance after our regular business hours may still access care through our new after-hours service. Just call us at 860-439-4587 and press 2 to reach a counselor. Students on campus having mental health emergencies after hours should contact their Housefellow, House Governor or Campus Safety for support or to access other services. The Administrator-On-Call will contact the On-Call Student Counseling Services counselor as needed.