Course Exchange Program at the United States Coast Guard Academy, Trinity, and Wesleyan
Connecticut College degree-seeking students have the opportunity to enroll in one course each fall and spring semester at the United States Coast Guard Academy, Trinity College, or Wesleyan University. The courses are taught in-person at the host institution.
Students must have the approval of their adviser and class dean in order to participate. The program is offered to full-time Connecticut College students in residence for a maximum of one course per semester at one of the participating institutions.
Enrollment in the Course Exchange Program is subject to enrollment policies, including instructor permission and course restrictions, as well as space availability.
Students may not enroll in an exchange course that is the same/similar in content to one offered at Connecticut College. All mathematics, computer science, physics, astronomy and geophysics courses require the approval of the chair/program director at Connecticut College prior to enrollment.
Please be aware that the grade for the course will be posted to the Connecticut College transcript exactly as it is reported by the participating institution. Connecticut College cannot change grades that have been awarded by another institution.
While enrolled in the exchange course, students are held responsible for the deadlines and policies of the institution that apply to the course, including the institution’s deadline to enroll and last day to withdraw. Students may not drop or withdraw from the course without approval from the participating institution, their adviser, and their class dean.
- As a first step, Connecticut College students interested in participating in the course exchange program should discuss this with their adviser and class dean.
- If their adviser and class dean approve, they should then contact the Registrar’s office of the participating institution for information about enrolling in a specific course (see contact information below).
- If the participating institution permits enrollment in the course, students should forward the emailed approval to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to obtain a registration form.
- Please note that the form requires the signatures of the student’s adviser, class dean, and the Connecticut College department chair/program director (if applicable).
- The signed form should be returning to Fanning 105 so the registrar's office at Connectict College can complete the enrollment process with the registrar's office at the participating institution.
For information regarding catalogs/schedules and whether enrollment in a specific course is permitted, please contact the Registrar’s office at the participating institution. Students are advised to be aware of the academic calendars of each institution (begin and end dates of the semester/when classes are held) since this may not coincide with Connecticut College's academic calendar.
Office of the Registrar, United States Coast Guard Academy Contact Miguel.O.Gonzalez@uscga.edu *Please note that students must submit proof of COVID vaccination status in order to participate in USCGA courses; vehicles are not permitted on the USCGA campus
Course Exchange at Connecticut College
Eligible students at the United States Coast Guard Academy, Trinity College, and Wesleyan University may enroll in one course per fall or spring semester at Connecticut College, subject to enrollment policies, including instructor permission and course restrictions, as well as space availability. Students should contact the Registrar’s office at their institution to determine eligibility to participate in the Course Exchange Program.
Please note that all students will be required to submit proof of their COVID vaccination status in order to enroll in courses at Connecticut College.
Information about courses offered at Connecticut College is available here. For information about enrollment in a particular course at Connecticut College, please contact email@example.com.
Students who have been approved by their institution to enroll in a Connecticut College course should obtain a Course Exchange Enrollment Form from the Registrar’s office at their home institution. Emailed course instructor approval and the completed form can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.