December 30, 2013
After Thanksgiving, and now with the New Year right around the corner, I found myself thinking about the semester ending. I am particularly thankful for a wonderful first semester at Conn. Here are ten reasons why:
- The comfort to strike up conversation with anyone.
- The willingness of professors to meet with me, even if I’m not taking one of their classes. (One professor even gave me her personal phone number to help answer my questions.)
- Friday night Shabbat dinners (complete with challah). I’m not even Jewish, but everyone goes!
- The openness of my friends.
- The new Science Center in New London Hall provides me an inspiring place to think.
- The arboretum bog loop … perfect for running
- The view of the Thames River when working out in the fitness center
- Facilitating Friday morning creative writing workshops at Sound Community Services, a nearby non-profit dedicated to educating and assisting individuals with behavioral health needs
- The hot cocoa at Blue Camel Café when I’m in need of a boost during late nights in the library
- The Amtrak train that goes from downtown New London to Boston, bringing me home. (And also to NYC and DC!)
You might also like...
comments powered by Disqus