How to request materials from Shain Library
To request materials during renovations to Shain Library:
1. Go to the library’s main home page at http://libraries.conncoll.edu.
2. In the blue box at the center of the page, you’ll find Caravan, the College’s library catalog. Type in your keyword, title or author and click “Search” to look for the item.
3. From the list of search results, click on the name of the item you’d like to check out.
4. On the next page that appears, click “Request Materials” (found in the blue box on the right side of the page, under “Actions”).
5. You’ll then be asked to log in by providing your institution ID (the number on your Camel Card/College ID) and your last name and selecting Connecticut College as your home library. Click “Log in.”
6. On the next page that appears, click “Request item from Shain Library shelves.”
7. On the next page that appears, click “Submit.”
Your request is now complete. You can continue looking for other items you’d like to check out by clicking “Search” at the top of the screen. If your request is made by 4 p.m., your materials will be available for pickup the next day in Ernst Common Room in Blaustein Humanities Center.
If you receive an error message or encounter other trouble during the checkout process, contact James Gelarden, access services librarian, at 860-439-2662 or James.Gelarden@conncoll.edu. You can also stop by the Circulation Desk in Ernst and speak to the librarians on staff.