Students who have overpaid on an account will now receive refunds electronically via direct deposit. The system is called eRefund and it will allow you to access your refund much quicker than in the past.
Follow the steps in the third question below to enroll in eRefund. Your registration will be activated within 24 hours after enrolling. (Please note that Plus Loan checks will be mailed to parents or guardians.)
Q: What is eRefund?
It’s a system that allows you to receive electronic refunds of overpayments you’ve made to your College accounts. These refunds go directly into your bank account.
Q: Is my bank account information secure in eRefund?
Yes. We use a secured encrypted connection to process your eRefund and your account information is not accessible to anyone but you.
Q: How do I enroll in eRefund?
It's easy. Just follow these 7 steps:
1. Log in to Student Self-Service
2. Select Student, then CCPay
3. Click on the Direct Deposit tab.
4. Select Continue, which will take you to the Enter Direct Deposit Info page. This is a secure site.
5. You will then be directed to provide your bank account information. You must enter information into all fields. (Please note that only one bank account can be designated to receive refunds.)
6. Once you have completed the form and reviewed it for accuracy, click Continue at the bottom of the page. You will be prompted to verify your bank account number by reentering it. Do so and select Continue.
7. You will then be prompted to review your direct deposit information again. After you done so, read the terms and conditions, check the box that shows you agree to them and then click Confirm. You will receive a direct deposit enrollment receipt via your Connecticut College email once you complete the enrollment process and your enrollment becomes effective within 24 hours.
Q: How will I know when a refund has been posted to my bank account?
You will receive a message in your Connecticut College email account letting you know your refund has been processed.
Q: Is my enrollment effective immediately?
You will receive a direct deposit enrollment receipt via your Connecticut College email once you complete the enrollment process and eRefund is activated within 24 hours after signing up.
Q: What happens if I change banks or want to change to a different account?
You can update your direct deposit information anytime through your Student Self-Service account. (Changes will be processed within 24 hours.)
Q: Will my refund be available earlier than in previous years?
Refunds will follow the same processing schedule as in previous semesters. However, once the refund has been processed, eRefund allows you access to the funds more quickly — and securely — than a paper check.
Q: Will Plus Loan payments be made through eRefund?
No, Plus Loan checks will be mailed to parents/guardians.
Donna Scott, Bursar
Office of the Controller