If Your Student is Ill
It is difficult to be sick when away from home. And it's often hard for families to know what to do when a student calls home to say they don't feel well. You want to help.
Though making a decision on their own about what to do may seem difficult for students, encourage them to do so. They have several options in making the decision on how to proceed.
- Go to the Student Health Services. The hours are posted here.
- Visit the Student Health Services page: "If you get sick".
- Call on their residence hall Housefellow for assistance.
- Call the 24-Hour Toll-Free Health Line, 800-556-1555, staffed by nurses, who can advise students and direct them to services available when the campus health service is closed.
- Do a little research. Student Health Services recommends Go Ask Alice, the Columbia University Health Education Program, for answers to many student questions on health matters.
The Student Health Services website has all this information and more.
If you feel that you MUST do something, why not send them a "Get Well" wish by ordering a CamelPak care package?