Safety Data Sheets
OSHA requires that Safety Data Sheets (SDS) be readily available to employees in the workplace.
- SDS for chemicals used in the sciences (chemistry, biology, botany and neuroscience), can be found in the "CEMS" chemical inventory database at: http://cems.conncoll.edu/. Access to the actual chemical inventory requires registration and login.
- To locate the SDS for a product used in all other departments at Connecticut College, click on the appropriate link below.
- SDS (or MSDS) for materials brought onto campus by contractors can be found here.
|Art Department||Building Trades|
|Custodial Services||Dining Services||Env. Health & Safety||Garage|
|Grounds||Mechanical Trades||Power House||Printing Services|
|Student Health Services||Theater Department||Toner & Printer Cartridges|
If a member of the campus community purchases a chemical product, and cannot find the MSDS on this, or the CEMS page, send an email and provide the following information:
An electronic PDF version of the MSDS will be obtained and uploaded to the appropriate departmental page.
- Product name, as printed on the label
- Manufacturer or distributor
- Catalog or product number