Material Safety Data Sheets
OSHA requires that Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) be readily available to employees in the workplace.
1. To locate the MSDS for a product used at Connecticut College for any department OTHER than the science departments (chemistry, biology, botany and neuroscience), go to the MSDS by Department page.
2. MSDS for chemicals used in the sciences can be found in the "CEMS" chemical inventory database at: http://cems.conncoll.edu/. Access to the actual chemical inventory requires registration and login.
4. If a member of the campus community purchases a chemical product, and cannot find the MSDS on either site, send an email and provide the following information:
- Product name, as printed on the label
- Manufacturer or distributor
- Catalog or product number
An electronic PDF version of the MSDS will be obtained and uploaded to the appropriate departmental page.