Connecting to and using the software library
In order to connect to the software server you must first be connected via ethernet/VPN to the network.
The software folder can then be accessed through drive mapping.
Windows 7 and Vista
1. Click on the Start Menu
2. Right click Computer and click on Map Network Drive.
3. Select a drive letter, and type in one of the following:
For students, type \\yew\sl_students
For faculty and staff, type \\yew\sl_software
and check "Connect using different credentials”. *We recommend you connect using a wired connection. If you do this, you won't need to connect using different credentials."
4. You may choose to leave "Reconnect at logon" checked if you plan to access the software library again.
5. In the new dialog box, type in conncoll\your username and your password. Click OK and then click Finish.
6. The software library will now appear as a network drive in "Computer."
1. On the menu bar, click “Go” and then “Connect to Server.”
For students, input "smb://yew/sl_students"
For faculty and staff, input "smb://yew/sl_software"
and click “Connect.”
2. In the authentication window that pops up, input your Conn username/password, as well as the domain CONNCOLL, if it is not already filled in.
3. The drive will be mapped and an icon will appear on your desktop that will allow you to access the files.