Reading Room Policies
In order to protect the rare materials housed by the Lear Center, we ask you to observe the following rules:
- All readers will be asked to fill out a registration form. Groups using materials only need to fill out a single form. New readers may be asked to show photo ID. College ID is accepted.
- Only Lear Center staff may page materials. Lear Center stacks are not open for public browsing.
- Food, beverages, and smoking are not permitted.
- Only pencils may be used once materials have been paged.
- For the comfort of other readers, we ask that you not use cell phones in the reading room.
- Materials may not leave the reading room.
- Book cradles will be provided for fragile materials. For the safety of fragile books we ask that they remain in the cradles.
- Do not lean on, mark, or take notes upon material.
- Leave material flat on the table, unless a cradle has been provided.
- Please keep material in the order in which you found it. Do not rearrange material within folders.