Rosemary Park Society
The Rosemary Park Society, formerly the Heritage Society, honors those who have made a planned gift to the College. The Society is named for the College's fifth President: a strong leader who understood that fundraising must be an educational priority.
Rosemary Park Anastos (1907-2004), the fifth president of Connecticut College, played a pivotal role in building the institution we know today. During her tenure as president from 1947 to 1962, enrollment grew by a third and the College cemented its reputation for excellence.
With characteristic grace and determination, Miss Park led an ambitious capital campaign that marked the College's 50th anniversary in 1961, guided a major revision of the curriculum and oversaw construction of a dozen new buildings - including the six residence halls of the Plex and the College Center at Crozier-Williams.
Miss Park believed that fundraising must be an educational priority, and she made a planned gift through a bequest to the College.
Today the Rosemary Park Society has 400 members.