Information Security Awareness for New Faculty and Staff
Approved by Senior Administrators, May 22, 2006
It is critical that Connecticut College faculty and staff understand the importance of information security and endeavor to always protect college-owned and personal computers and electronic information. Consequently, all new Connecticut College faculty and new and current staff members who use campus or college-owned computer resources or networks must complete an Information Services information security awareness orientation class that offers information security education to protect college and personal electronic information. Current employees who have not completed the information security awareness orientation class will be limited to Banner Self-Service on the Banner administrative system.
- New faculty and staff members are required to attend a one-hour class, within two months of their employment, that provides an overview on how to minimize the risk of losing valuable and sensitive information stored on college-owned or home computers.
- Senior administrators, department chairs, and department heads/senior directors will encourage and facilitate enrollment for all newly hired employees within two months of their hire date.
- Human Resources and the Office of the Dean of the Faculty will inform new employees who use college-owned computers or the college network, that they are required to attend an information security awareness orientation class within the first two months of their employment. Human Resources and/or the Office of the Dean of the Faculty will notify Information Services of new employees within one week of their hire date.
- All new faculty and staff must register for the information security awareness orientation class online at http://training.conncoll.edu/ or by calling the Information Services Training Manager at telephone extension 5127.
- Information Services staff members reserve the right to suspend network access, including email account(s), of any new employee who has not completed the security awareness training period within two months of their employment.