Gaming Console MAC Address
It is no longer necessary to register gaming consoles on our network. SafeConnect automatically detects gaming consoles and mobile devices. If you're interested in locating the MAC address of your gaming console for other purposes, please see instructions below:
A device's MAC Address is also known as its hardware address.
This guide shows you how to find the MAC addresses of the Playstation 3, XBox 360, and Nintendo Wii. For other game consoles, check for a label on the back of the console and/or with the manufacturer's website for instructions on how to obtain the MAC Address. Other devices such as the Playstation 2, Xbox, and Nintendo Wii for example, can be used on the network, once registered.
Note: Not all models of game consoles have network capabilities. Please make sure that your particular console has networking hardware before attempting to register it on the network.
Start at the home screen and navigate to Settings -> System Settings -> System Information. Your MAC Address will appear on this screen.
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard.
- Select Network Settings -> Edit Settings -> Additional Settings -> Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you´ll see a heading called Wired Mac Address, which is your MAC address.
- From the Wii Channel menu, select Wii Settings -> Internet -> Console Settings.
- The MAC address is on the first line.