- Residential Life
- Student Activities & Organizations
- Student Counseling Services
- Student Disability Services
- Student Health Services
- Student Wellness
- Think S.A.F.E. Project
- Student Leadership
- Career Guidance/CELS
- Dean of the College
- Religious & Spiritual Life
- Advising & Mentoring
- Campus Safety
- The Women's Center
- Unity House
- LGBTQ Center
Emerging Leaders Program
For Freshmen and Sophomores
The Emerging Leaders Program at Connecticut College is designed to help you, as a first or second year student, discover your leadership potential through engaging workshops, group activities, and an overnight retreat.
Grounded in the philosophy that leadership comes from within, the program encourages you to discover:
- A personal development of leadership that includes understanding yourself and others
- An understanding of community and acceptance of the responsibilities needed to build community partnerships
- The experiences and opportunities available at Connecticut College
Through the Emerging Leaders Program, you will explore components of leadership including styles of leadership, conflict resolution, networking, the art of delegation, communication, and diversity.
The group meets on Friday afternoons. You will be expected to attend all meetings and a weekend retreat.
To apply to the Emerging Leaders Program, freshmen should download and complete the application form and essay.
If you have questions about the program or you need assistance with your application, please contact Associate Dean of Student Life Sarah Cardwell.