Get ready for course registration
Online registration will begin Thursday, June 5, 2014, at 5 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) and end Tuesday, June 10, at 9 a.m. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. To register, you must have activated your Connecticut College email address.
You will register online for two of your first-semester courses. One of these must be a freshman seminar. You may register for only one freshman seminar. The second is any other entry-level course of interest to you.
Course descriptions are available on the online college catalog.
If you are a Science Leader, please see Science Leader class registration instructions.
During Orientation, you will meet with your faculty adviser to discuss your course of study. At that time, you'll register for your other two first-semester courses in August.
Course registration instructions
Activate your Connecticut College email account
On or before June 2, 2014, your Connecticut College email address and password will be provided to you with instructions on how to activate your account. If you don’t receive the email, contact the IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-439-4357. Activate your account right away and check that address at least weekly.
Complete the "Designing Your Education" form in the Enrollment Guide
This questionnaire gets you thinking about the courses you’d like to take during your four years at Connecticut College using the College’s online course catalog. The catalog provides descriptions for every course that the College offer, although not all courses are offered every semester. The course schedule lists the courses available for a specific semester, along with times and locations. The Fall 2014 Condensed Course Schedule, available at a later date, lists courses available to incoming freshmen.
Select your courses
View the Fall 2014 Condensed Course Schedule, available during the summer, and together with your answers to the "Designing Your Education" form, select several freshman seminars and several other entry-level courses. Choosing extra courses will provide you with backup selections in case your first choices are full. Freshman seminars begin with the department code FYS; register for one of these. Your second course can be any other entry-level course which may be a course at the 200-level with no prerequisite. Be sure your list includes the five-digit CRN (Course Registration Number) for each course, since you’ll need the CRN to register. The CRN is listed in the far left column on the condensed course schedule. Be sure your freshman seminar and other entry-level course do not overlap in time and day.
How to register - starting June 5
1. You should have already activated your Connecticut College email account. If you haven’t, do so now.
2. Refer to your list of courses you are interested in.
3. Go to www.conncoll.edu.
4. Click on Log In (in the upper right corner), then click on Self Service, then Enter Secure Area.
5. Enter your USER ID and PASSWORD, the same that you use to access your Connecticut College email.
6. Click Student, then Registration, then Add/Drop Classes.
7. Select Fall 2014 and click Submit.
8. Enter the two five-digit CRNs in the Add Classes Worksheet and click Submit Changes.
9. The courses for which you’ve successfully registered will appear in the section Current Schedule. Verify that you have entered the correct CRNs by reviewing the results.
10. If you made a mistake, click on the down arrow in the Action field next to the course you want to delete. Select Web Drop/Delete, enter the CRN for the course you want to add in the Add Classes Worksheet and click Submit Changes.
11. If you encounter errors, they will be noted in the section Registration Add Errors, which will appear above the Add Classes Worksheet. You may need to scroll down to view the section. If you received an error message, choose another course.
12. For a print-friendly schedule with locations and times, click Return to Menu, then Concise Student Schedule. If your course’s location is blank, don’t worry, just check back in Self Service in August.
13. Click Exit to logout.
Remember: You are registering for a total of two courses. If you need help, Help will be available Thursday, June 5, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) and afterwards on business days from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For problems with your computer, password or activating your Connecticut College email account, contact the IT Service Desk at 860-439-4357 or email@example.com.
For problems with registration, contact the Registrar’s Office at 860-439-2068 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any other problems or concerns, call the Office of the Dean of Studies at 860-439-2050.
About your application, enrolling, forms and more:
About courses, credits and academics: