The fully equipped Palmer Auditorium seats approximately 1,300 and houses theater classrooms and offices for the theater department and onStage, the College's performing arts series, which brings professional music, theater and dance companies to campus for performances and workshops.
- Tickets for all productions may be purchased at the first-floor ticket office.
- All performances are open to the public. Students may purchase tickets at a discounted rate
- Theater Services uses student employees to work backstage. Anyone who is interested in being a stagehand (work study or non-work study) may contact Rodney Dumond, Technical Director.
- Recent onStage theater performances include: SITI Company's "Radio MacBeth"; The Acting Company in "The Turn of the Screw" and "Moby Dick Rehearsed"
- Among the celebrities who have come to Palmer Auditorium: Mandy Patinkin, Faith Ringgold, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Toni Morrison, Lynn Redgrave
Tansill Theater, seating audiences of 130 - 140, is an intimate black box theater located on the second floor of Hillyer Hall. A black box allows for various stage and seating configurations such as in-the-round, thrust or the traditional proscenium style.
Tansill Theater is named for Dhuanne Schmitz Tansill '64, whose vision initiated its renovation. Built in 1917, the structure served, at various times in the College's history, as a gymnasium, chapel, lecture hall, concert stage, post office and bookshop. A grant from the Kresge Foundation and gifts from the Tansill family supported the renovation project, and trustees, alumni, parents and friends of the college provided additional support.
Email Donna Holman, Administrative Asssitant
Department of Theater
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320-4196