Religious Studies Courses
As a religious studies major or minor, you will study the sacred texts of Western scriptural tradition and compare and contrast them with the tenets of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Daoism. You may also be introduced to newer religious movements such as Mormonism, hear scholars discuss the role of Sufism in the Islamic community of South Asia, become familiar with the tenets of Rastafarianism, and study cults.
A sampling of religious studies courses:
- Holy Books: The Western Scriptural Tradition
- Cults and Conversions in Modern America
- Global Islamic Studies
- Religion and Public Life
- Jewish Ethics
- The Holocaust and Theology
- Religious Expressions of Everyday Life
- Islam in the United States
- Memory, Identity and Religion
Department of Religious Studies
270 Mohegan Ave.
New London, CT 06320-4196
Department Assistant: Diane Monte