Connecticut College News
What would you do with $211 million?08/7/2013
The Campaign for Connecticut College ended with a flourish on June 30 – powering past its $200 million target to reach a total of $211 million, a fundraising record for the College.
The money raised will enhance all aspects of the student experience for years to come, with particular emphasis on residential education, international programs, science education and financial aid.
Highlights of the campaign include:
- Contributions from more than 22,000 alumni, parents and friends
- $46 million in campus improvements, including a new fitness center, refurbished classrooms and improvements to residence halls
- The gut renovation and expansion of New London Hall to create a state-of-the-art new science center
- An anonymous $11 million gift, the largest in the college’s history, to create a new Academic Resource Center
- Funding for a $7.5 million renovation of Shain Library, with construction to begin next summer
- New funding for faculty research and travel, curriculum development and foreign language learning
- $8.2 million in research grants to faculty, of which $7.7 million went to science research
- $24 million in support for financial aid, maintaining the College’s commitment to meeting the full financial need of all enrolled students
Read more about the Campaign initiatives and impact.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Deborah MacDonnell (860) 439-2504, email@example.com